Download Odin: Odin is a light weighted flash tool which will help you to flash your android mobile for installing custom OS. This software allows you to connect your Samsung smartphone with your computer to flash firmware. Odin has become so popular within a shorter range of time which is because of the fact that lots of smartphones users were able to upgrade their roms successfully through this tool. Official-odin.org is totally dedicated to help the odin users and the users who wants to root and flash their mobile phones. To get a clear understanding about this tool and to install the latest version of odin for your device just go through the below .
In this article, we cover the following topics:
What is Odin?
Odin tool for Samsung / Samsung Odin is a tool used for ROM flashing. It is used to flash the ROM memory in the Samsung devices such as Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung mobile models and other same kind devices. As far as tested Samsung Odin is the best tool for flashing the ROM of the Android devices. It is the utility software used to flash a Custom Recovery firmware image, just opposite to Stock recovery firmware image to the Samsung Android device used by the samsung company internally.
The latest version has been released to use recently by the XDA developers. Using this version you can easily download Odin and flash your Android device.
Flashing ROM :
Flashing ROM of the Android devices such as Samsung is done in order to install custom ROM. In simple words, if you flash the ROM you can even install the new updated Android OS on the device.
Is it safe?
If you are doing this properly following all the steps and are aware of what you do then your device must be safe.
Why we need Odin?
You have to Flash the custom ROM For installing new firmware . But it recognizes only .tar files.
Before installing any new firmware we need to root the device and a custom recovery must be installed. That problem has been sorted out by this Samsung Odin tool. This tool roots the mobile phone for us and also installs the custom recovery by itself. Odin simplifies the process of flashing for installing custom rom (or) for doing other customization to your default mobile system. This is the main advantage that we need the Odin tool, just go on and download the latest version of odin from the below download link.
Odin Download Links
Choose the compatible version of odin for your device from the below Odin downloads (.tar).
Check Samsung Odin Download Page for more
Note: For Recovery or Flashing Firmware we recommend you to use the latest stable version of Odin.
Odin3 Stable Version Info
- Odin3_v3.10.7.zip / v3.12.3 – Recommended for Marshmallow, Nougat and above
- Odin3_v3.09.zip – Recommended For JellyBean/KitKat firmware
- Odin3_v3.10.7.zip – recommended for Lollipop firmware
Steps to use Odin :
Every model mobile phone has different methods of installing the Odin so User must read the manual before starting the installation procedure.
There are a lot of versions of Odin tool. We have listed them all below. Each upper versions gets patched and free from errors that affected the previous versions.
Here’s How to install the Odin Samsung application – Guide
Follow these step by step procedure to install Odin tool.
- Download Odin from one of the versions of your choice of download from latest versions of Odin through the download links that are available from our site.
- Now connect your Samsung smartphone to PC via USB cable or the OTG cable.
- Restart your mobile phone.
- Now open the Odin tool that you have installed. Click AutoReboot and Select PTI – “PTI” means a way to download required files on the android Odin.
- After downloading the PTI file just select that PTI file and click on start.
- The process will get completed once the phone gets restarted.
Odin Change Logs and Updates
- New bug fixes and improvements
- Increased Performance Rate.
Odin v3.11.2 –
- User Interface Updates (UI).
- New Patches added for Samsung Galaxy C5, C6, S7 Edge, S7 Active and Z3.
- Overlapping of title and BL, AP, CP, CSC tab sizes corrected.
- Fixed Language Problems.
Major Flashing Bugs Fixed.
Odin v3.10.7 & Odin v3.10.6
Flashing Issues and device compatibility issue fixed.
- UX configuration For Mass D/W implementation
- Odin3 UX Enhancement.
Odin flash v3.10.3
- Drag/Drop File Implementation.
- getDeviceInfo – Implementation
- Enhanced Compatibility features
- Changes on sequence of RQT_INIT_DATA_SALESCODE to avoid erase parameter
Odin flash v3.09
- Enhanced Support for SM-R350.
- Binary fix in tar (offset value beyond 4G ).
- Enhanced Compatibility for galaxy S3/Note 2.
- Minor bug fixing.
System Requirements for Odin
- A computer system with windows OS or you can have Mac OS also. See about using Mac Odin here.
- Samsung USB drivers. See more info here.
- You need to have ABD and FastBoot Tools for your mobile device.
- USB cable to connect your mobile device and the PC. A charger USB will do that.
Some important things to note :
- Whatever be the thing you do with your mobile phone just ensure that you have a proper backup of all your kinds of stuff.
- Just make sure that the downloaded version of the Odin suits your phone.
- Make sure you have installed the latest Samsung driver.
- Confirm the details about the custom ROM for your mobile device.
- Don’t forget to choose the correct the custom ROM for your Samsung mobile device. Every device is a different one. So choose wisely.
Things to note :
ROM flashable files that are compatible for Odin definitely will have (.tar) extension. So most of the Odin compatible ROMs are official or OTA Updates or leaked from the samsung.
Please note that Odin tool won’t work with (.zip) file. You should only use those files that have (.tar) extension.
Odin Video Tutorial
Still not understood how to use the odin tool? Ok, No worries. We can help you with some video tutorials that can guide to quickly do the needful. Though the video is not ours we just picked the best ones from youtube for you guys. Check them out below.
How to Flash Official Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 by Odin
Credits : MrW0lf – YouTube
- Is Samsung Odin free to download? A: Yes it is. Always it will be free. You can download and use it. No license issues.
- What are the supported file extensions? A: Odin supports (.tar) and (.md5) file extensions in all the versions.
- Does any versions support (.zip) extensions? A: No versions will support .zip files. If you have the custom ROM files in .zip then be sure that it won’t work.
- Should we have the technical knowledge to work in Odin? A: Nopes. You don’t need technical knowledge to use Odin. Just follow the video tutorial or the steps mentioned here to do it.
- What’s PTI? A: PTI is an option to download files on Android Odin.
TroubleShooting Samsung Odin
Is your samsung mobile struck at the Galaxy S logo screen? If you ever face these problem after the usage of the Odin tool then download, install and run the Odin tool again.
If you ever got some of the errors mentioned below after using Odin: # Installation Process Failed # Odin is non-functional # Stopped in the midway. Just follow the below ways to get it solved.
- Unplug your android device and plug it back again.
- Select DL mode and unplug your samsung mobile.
- Now plug the device back in. Now the Odin tool must be able to identify your device again.
- Let the settings be the same. Just hit the start button.
- Also if the process stuck at anyother step just change to another Odin but do not ever check the repartition. Just begin from the step one.